Michael J. McCarthy, Ph.D.
Food Science and Technology
Food Science (1986-2016)
Professor McCarthy retired in July of 2016.
Department Chair (2011-2016)
Ph. D. University of California at Berkeley, 1986
B.S. Ch.E. University of Florida
Professor McCarthy’s research program focused on:
- Application of process analytical technology to food manufacturing processes,
- Real-time measurements of product quality,
- Measurements and modeling of transport phenomena in food processing,
- Development and evaluation of novel magnetic resonance based process sensors,
- Measurement of food microstructure and processing induced microstructural changes.