With your help, UC Davis Department of Food Science and Technology is taking its food science program to the next level of excellence in teaching and research on behalf of the food and beverage industries. UC Davis currently has the largest undergraduate food science program in the nation. As our student enrollment grows, both undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships become even more critical.
Unrestricted Support for the Department
- Food Science and Technology General Support Unrestricted gift dollars allow our department to take advantage of opportunities that would otherwise be out of reach. Funding provides a margin of excellence and flexibility for the department. As an example, in the past two years we have used these funds to provide matching funds in the purchase of upgraded equipment for our chemistry, microbiology and food processing teaching laboratories and to replace equipment in the food innovation lab. We have also been able to provide program support to our new department faculty (three in the past two years!) and to new and innovative student programs.
- Food Science and Technology Student Support This fund supports undergraduate scholarships and aid for food science students. UC Davis has more than 200 undergraduate students pursuing food science degrees. Scholarships and other forms of financial support are critical for students, particularly in this time of rising fees.
- Food Science Student Educational Enhancement Fund You can also help students, both undergraduate and graduate, participate in outreach, networking and other experiential learning opportunities and activities such as tours of food processing facilities, networking events with alumni and participation in industry conferences.
Other Online Giving Opportunities
In addition to the above, the following online giving opportunities are also associated with the UC Davis Department of Food Science and Technology.
- Food Loss and Waste Collaborative
- Foods for Health Institute
- Honey and Pollination Center
- Phaff Yeast Culture Collection
- Malting and Brewing Program
- UC Davis Olive Center
- Diane Barrett Fruit and Vegetable Faculty Fellowship
- Ericka Barrett and James Buhlert Memorial Food Science Teaching Award
- Michael J. Lewis Endowment for Brewing Science