Ph. D. University of California at Davis, 1991
Dr. Guinard is a sensory scientist and a consumer researcher. His research is focusing on the sensory properties of foods and beverages, how humans perceive them, and how they affect food choice and food intake and consumer behavior.
- Guinard, J.-X. and M.C. Cliff. 1987. Descriptive analysis of pinot noir wines from Carneros, Napa and Sonoma. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture 38:211-215.
- Guinard, J.-X. 1990. Lambic (Classic Beer Style Series:3). Brewers Publications, Boulder, CO.
- Guinard, J.-X., C. Zoumas-Morse, and C. Walchak. 1998. Relation between parotid saliva flow and composition and the perception of gustatory and trigeminal stimuli in foods. Physiology & Behavior 63(1):109-118.
- Guinard, J.-X. and P. Brun. 1998. Sensory-specific satiety: Comparison of taste and texture components. Appetite 31:141-157.
- Yackinous, C. and J.-X. Guinard. 2001. Relation between PROP taster status and fat perception, touch and olfaction. Physiology & Behavior 72(3):427-437.