Juliana Maria Leite Nobrega de Moura Bell
Ph. D: Food Technology, State University of Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil.
M.S: Food Technology, State University of Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
B.S: Food Engineering, Federal University of Paraíba, João Pessoa, Brazil
Dr. de Moura Bell research includes the development and application of environmentally friendly technologies to replace the incumbent technology for extracting and fractionating of major food components such as oil, protein, and carbohydrates. Specifically, she is interested in bio-processing techniques such as enzyme-assisted aqueous extraction, fermentation, and less harsh techniques like supercritical and subcritical extractions. Her laboratory research interests include: 1) Scaling-up extraction and downstream recovery processes from laboratory to pilot-scale; 2) Determining the effects of processing conditions (extraction, heat treatment, enzymatic modifications and recovery strategies) on the functionality and biological activities of food components, and 3) The conversion of agricultural waste streams/food processing by-products into high added-value compounds.
- Karav S., Le Parc A., de Moura Bell JMLN., Rouquié C., Mills D. A., Barile D., Block D.E. (2015). Kinetic characterization of a novel endo-β-N-acetylglucosaminidase on concentrated bovine colostrum whey to release bioactive glycans. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 77:46–53.
- Cohen L. J., Geissler M., Barile D., Simmons C.S., De Moura Bell JMLN. (2015). Current Utilization of Dairy Industry Co-Products. In: Agricultural Wastes: Characteristics, Types and Management. Ed by Camille N Foster. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. New York.
- Hsieh Chia-Chien, Hernández-Ledesma B., Fernández-Tomé S., Weinborn V., Barile D., and de Moura Bell JMLN. (2015 Article ID 146840). “Milk Proteins, Peptides, and Oligosaccharides: Effects against the 21st Century Disorders,” BioMed Research International, Volume 2015, Article ID 146840, 16 pages.
- De Almeida NM, de Moura Bell JMLN, Jonhson LA (2014). Properties of Soy Protein Produced by Countercurrent,Two-Stage, Enzyme-Assisted Aqueous Extraction J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. DOI 10.1007/s11746-014-2436-z
- Dallas DC, Weinborn V., de Moura Bell JMLN, Wang M, Parker EA, Guerrero A, Hettinga KA, Lebrilla CB, German JB, Barile D (2014). Comprehensive peptidomic and glycomic evaluation reveals that sweet whey permeate from colostrum is a source of milk protein-derived peptides and oligosaccharides. Food Research International. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2014.03.021
- Lange M, Dallas DC, Lee HY, Le Parc A, de Moura Bell JMLN, Barile D (2014) “Human Nutrition: Determining functional properties and sources of recently identified food components: oligosaccharides, glycolipids, glycoproteins and peptides”. In final review. Encyclopedia of Agriculture and Food Systems. Elsevier.
- Dallas D, Lee H, Le Park A, de Moura Bell JMLN, Barile D (2013). Mass Spectrometry-Based ″Omic″ Sciences with Bioguided Processing to Unravel Milk′s Hidden Bioactivities. Advances in Dairy Research. doi: 10.4172/2329-888X.1000104
- de Moura JMLN, Yao L, Maurer Devin, Jung S, Wang T, Johnson LA (2013) Characteristics of Oil and Skim in Enzyme-Assisted Aqueous Extraction of Soybeans. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. DOI 10.1007/s11746-013-2248-6
- Yao L, Lee S-L, Wang T, de Moura JMLN, Johnson L (2012) Effects of Fermentation Conditions on Corn-soy Co-fermentation for Fuel Ethanol Production. Bioresource Technology (120)140-148
- C Ndella S, de Moura JMLN, Jonhson LA, Olsen NK (2012). Aqueous Extraction of Oil and Protein from Soybeans with Subcritical Water. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc.DOI 10.10007s/s11746-011-1993-7
- de Moura JMLN, Hernandez-Ledesma B, Almeida NM, de Lumen BO, Jonhson LA (2011) Lunasin and Bowman-Birk Inhibitor concentrations of Enzyme-assisted Aqueous Extracted Soy Protein. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 59 :6940-6946.
- de Moura JMLN, Maurer D, Jung S, Jonhson LA (2011) Pilot-plant proof-of-concept for integrated, countercurrent, two-stage, enzyme-assisted aqueous extraction of soybeans. J Am Oil Chem Soc, 88:1649-1658.
- de Moura JMLN, Almeida NM, Campbell K, Glatz CE, Jonhson LA (2011). Protein Recovery in Aqueous Extraction Processing of Soybeans using Isoelectric Precipitation and Ultrafiltration. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc, 88:1447-1454.
- de Moura JMLN, Maurer D, Jung S, Jonhson LA (2011). Integrated Countercurrent Two-stage Extraction and Cream Demulsification in Enzyme-assisted Aqueous Extraction of soybeans. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc, 88 :1045-1051.
- Jung S, de Moura JMLN, Campbell KC (2012). Enzyme-assisted Aqueous Extraction of Oilseeds. In: Enhancing extraction processes in the food industry. Ed. by Lebovka N, Vorobiev, E. Vorobiev, and Chemat F. Contemporary Food Engineering Series, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, FL, USA.
- de Moura JMLN, Almeida NM, Campbell K, Glatz CE, Jonhson LA (2011). Protein Extraction and Membrane Recovery in Enzyme-assisted Aqueous Extraction Processing of Soybeans. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc, 88:877-889
- Campbell KA, Glatz CE, Johnson LA, Jung S, de Moura JMLN, Kapchie V, Murphy P (2011). Advances in Aqueous Extraction Processing of Soybeans J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc, DOI 10.1007/s11746-010-1724-5
- de Moura JMLN, Almeida NM, Jung S, Jonhson LA (2010). Flaking as a pretreatment for enzyme-assisted aqueous extraction processing of soybeans. J Am Oil Chem Soc, 87:1507-1515
- de Moura JMLN, Almeida NM, Johnson L (2009). Scale-up of Enzyme-assisted Aqueous Extraction Process from Flaked and Extruded Soybeans: Effect of extrusion and extraction conditions. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc, 86:809-815.
- de Moura JMLN, Johnson L (2009). Two-Stage Countercurrent Enzyme-Assisted Aqueous Extraction Processing of Oil and Protein from Soybeans. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc, 86:283-289.
- de Moura JMLN, Mahfuz A, Campbell K, Jung S, Glatz CE, Johnson L (2008). Enzymatic aqueous extraction of soybean oil and protein and cream de-emulsification. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. 85:985-995.
- de Moura JMLN, Gonçalves LAG, Sarmento, LA, Petrus, JCC (2007). Purification of structured lipids using SCCO2 and membrane process. J. Membrane Sci. 299:138-145.
- Ribeiro, APB, de Moura JMLN, Grimaldi R, Gonçalves LAG (2007). Chemical interesterification: alternative to production of zero trans fats. Quim. Nova 30 (5):1295-1300.
- de Moura JMLN, Ribeiro, APB, Grimaldi R, Gonçalves LAG (2007). Enzymatic membrane reactor and supercritical fluids: Process association. Quim. Nova 30 (4):1295-1300.
- Ribeiro, APB, de Moura JMLN, Gonçalves LAG, Petrus, JCC, Viotto, LA (2006). Solvent Recovery from Soybean Oil/Hexane Micella by Polymeric Membranes. J. Membrane Sci. 282:328-336.
- de Moura JMLN, Gonçalves LAG, Grimaldi R, Soares MS, Ribeiro, APB (2006). Optimization of the production conditions of ethyl esters from fish oil with high - 3 long chain fatty acids. Quim. Nova 29 (5):956-959.
- Almeida NM, de Moura JMLN, Moreira RCN, Franco MRB (2006). Tocopherol at the dorsal muscle and orbital cavity of the matrinxã fish (Bryncon cephalus) from the Brazilian Amazonian Area captured in different seasons. Ciência Rural 36 (2):636-640.
- Moura JMLN, Gonçalves LAG, Petrus, JCC, Viotto LA (2005). Degumming of Vegetable Oil by Microporous Membrane. J. Food Eng. 70:473-478.
- Ribeiro APB, Soares MS, de Moura JMLN, Cáceres MC, Gonçalves LAG (2005). Membrane technology application in vegetable oils processing. Bol. CEPPA 23 (1): 1 - 22.
- Ormenese RCSC, Marchese DA, Lage ME, Mamede MEO, Abreu GMN, Coelho HD, de Moura JMLN, Nishi LE, Carrilho NA, Gonzalez NB (2001). Sensorial profile and stuffed cookies with chocolate flavor consumer test. Bol. CEPPA, 19 (2):277-300.